Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy 15th Anniversary City Church

Wow 15 years of service in the community, 15 years of loving their neighbors, 15 years of helping people! What an accomplishment, what commitment, what a great church! I'll be honest with you I didn't know about City Church until we did a church crash last summer. That's when I had the pleasure of going to my first service. We had a couple of guys share their testimony and Rob did a service. They were very friendly and very welcoming. But that was then and this is now! Can a church really keep up that kind of positive attitude, can still be this welcoming? Well let me tell you the answer is yes.
But this is different I started attending the services at City Church for almost a month now because our Pastor was asked to act as interim pastor until they find someone to replace Eric their founding pastor. I'll be honest with you I just started coming out to support Rob. I wasn't really interested in attending another church. I'm happy with Bikers' Church, I love the people, I love our relaxed atmosphere and I love the way we do church. But I figured I'd give it a chance, again my main goal was to support Rob because that's what brothers do, we support each other. So I walked with an open mind and ready to learn. Well I was blown away with the service and how wonderful the people are. I was also blown away with how Rob adapted to his new/old style of preaching. Now I hate to admit it but I go to City Church because I love coming to City Church. Don't get me wrong I'm not changing churches, I'm not quitting Bikers Church and I'm not going to pack it all up and switch. I just enjoy coming because the people are so friendly, the service is very upbeat, they are always to help the people of their community and because I can just go to church at a place where I have no responsibilities. I go just to listen watch and learn no expectations!
So today was their 15th anniversary celebration! What a great day, what a great time to celebrate what they have done to sit back and think of the good old days, a time to just pat yourself on the back and congratulate each other. You'd think that's what they would do but as usual they didn't. They chose to celebrate the future, to quickly remember what they did but to really focus on the future and how they will continue to help those in their community and that's what makes them special. That's what keeps the people coming back and that's what the church should be about.
So City Church congrats for 15 great years and I look forward to blogging in another 15 years. You guys are awesome keep up the great work, you are making a difference in people's lives!

Talk at you later

Icon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Your blog is great, and I know something about the night elves, they are the race I WOW power leveling when I get my first account:The reclusive Night Elves power leveling[ were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft Power Leveling. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. I love this race and suggested everyone that start their WOW power leveling a rogue or druidof night elf