Monday, September 29, 2008

Friends!

Have you ever sat down and thought about your friends, both past and present! I don't know why but I was sitting on the weekend just thinking about some old friends. Some I still talk to, some I know where they are but haven't had the chance or made the effort to contact but some are gone without a trace. And those are the friends I was thinking of this weekend. The guys and girls that I grew up with, the friends that shared some very important experiences basically the friends that shaped my life and made me what I am today.

I got an email from a daily mailing list that I get and it was about "How to get past regrets". It really struck a chord because I was thinking about all the bad stuff I did in my past life and how I must have hurt some of those friends. Wishing I didn't do this or that, wishing for a better life and better decisions when I was young and it hit me! The choices that I made and the things I did are what they are and I can never change that. However if I take what I did in the past and build towards bettering myself for the future than everything I did can be used as a measuring stick to say "Yeah I was there but now I'm here and this is where I prefer to be!"

I really miss some of those old friends and who knows maybe with Facebook or other social internet sites I may reconnect with some of them but until then I'm extremely greatful and fortunate to have some awesome friends at Bikers Church.

Talk at you later

Icon

No comments: