Friday, September 12, 2008

Habits some good some bad

The good thing about blogging is you can get to know someone without getting to know them. You're probably thinking twice in the same day doesn't guy have anything to do during the day? I have a lot to do I just don't feel like doing it right now and besides I just experienced the coolest thing in the world and I thought you might want to hear about it!



I'm a creature of habit, I hate to admit it but in most aspects of my life I hate change! So for me the usual is synonymous for comfortable. I wake up every morning at 5:00am sharp! I get out of bed walk to the living room and fall asleep on the couch until 5:30! Don't ask me why I do that, I just do. I have a second alarm clock that goes off at 5:30 to really wake me up. I turn on the TV watch The Weather Network and Sporstnet Connected to get a sense of both weather and scores. I then take a shower for about 15 to 30 minutes, depending if I have to shave my head or not, get out of the shower and realize now that I'm running 30 minutes late! The good habit I get up early, the bad habit I go back to sleep, the good habit I set a second alarm clock the bad habit I wake up and turn on the TV! You see what is happening here, as much as I try to develop good habits they are quickly matched with bad habits.



However I think some habits are good and that some good can come from habits whether good or bad. Let me give you an example that happened today and this is the reason for the 2nd post. Every morning I leave with coffee, either I finish it before getting here or drink it when I get to me desk. Either way I'm done by 8:30am so as a result of this habit my body has developed the habit of needing to get rid of said liquid at the exact same time everyday 9:35am on the button. People have started to set their watches to my liquid body clock! Well for some reason the cleaning lady in my building has the same schedule to clean the men's bathroom so everyday at 9:35 we usually meet face to face in the men's bathroom. This started about 3 weeks ago and let me tell you the first time it happened she scared the hell out of me! Now remember I have a full bladder terror is not good! I almost didn't make it! So for about 3 weeks now we do the same Tango, I walk in see her there we both say sorry I walk out and let her do what she has to do she walks out smiles and says have a nice day in Spanish. Same dance everyday at 9:35 for 2 weeks that's until last Thursday and Friday, no Maria. I was off Monday so Tuesday comes and there she was my little Maria, for some odd reason I was happy to see her in the men's bathroom again. When she walked out I asked her how and where she was. She smiled and with a very thick Spanish accent told me she went home for 5 days. I asked her where is home and she told me El Salvatore. I told her what a small world it was and spoke to her about Bikers Church and Scott and Melissa and then she started to cry! You see turns out Maria had 3 sons and 2 of them were killed in El Salvador by the MS13 and that's why she is here she wanted to save her third and last son! She thanked God for me, for the people at BC but mostly for people like Scott and Melissa that are trying to make a difference. What an awesome morning I'm still shaking, what a small world, what an awesome God!



So Scott and Melissa if you ever feel discouraged and don't know if you should continue remember Maria and her son and we she said to me: "if it wasn't for people like you she wouldn't have ANY children!" You guys will make a difference you just never know who you will touch, as for me and Maria I look forward to our next meeting same time Monday morning at 9:35, I'll keep you all posted



Talk at you later



Icon

5 comments:

Scott and Melissa Williams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scott and Melissa Williams said...

Dude,

That is awesome!!

Thanks for posting that, it brought tears to my eyes. Somtimes, we think to ourselves ¨what are we doing?¨. But then God confirms and encourages us, and this time God used you and Maria.

Thanks so much,

Scott and Melissa

Carrie said...

Brilliant posts Marty - I am going to enjoy this ride!!!

Georges said...

Hey salut! Bienvenue dans le monde du blog. Have fun. I'll be stopping by to read you.

Scott and Melissa Williams said...

Hey Marty....I personally just got a chance to read your blog...and I thank you for both your good and bad habits...because of your strange morning routine, you get the priviledge of interacting with a wonderful woman, who is clearly hurting. I truly believe that God puts people in our paths to keep us conscience of the outer most parts of the world, but also the world right in front of our face. Often times both are intermixed very closely. You now have the awesome opportunity of being a missionary to El Salvador every time you enter the men's room at 9:35 a.m. You now know a little bit of the feeling that we feel when we think of the Salvadorian people and the crazy world they live in.

Thank you so much for being sensitive to Maria and know that we will be praying for her and her son....and thank you also for the encouraging words, they could not have come at a better time!!

Thank you for your prayers, and please say HOLA to Maria for us!!

Melissa