Friday, January 8, 2010

What a Great Night

Did you ever have one of those great nights when everything seemed to be going right? I've been doing Youth Ministry for almost 2 years and even though all nights are good nights some of them are great and some are TOTALLY AWESOME! Last night was one of those totally awesome nights. Those are the nights that as a Youth Pastor you remember for a long time and you hold on to when you feel like quitting. Because let's face it sometimes when it doesn't go "as well" as it should it's easy to say this ain't worth it, I'm outta here!!!! But everyone once and a while you get a night like last night and that feeling goes away!


The evening started off rough having to deal with traffic and arriving 5 minutes late, but once things finally settled down and the service started it was awesome. I had a very pleasant surprise that made my night, actually it made my week. It put the parable of the lost coin and the lost son in perspective. Two regular youth members that stopped coming out to the youth group awhile ago decided to show up last night for no particular reason so seeing them made me so happy. I've been praying for them a lot lately and to see them show up was an answered prayer. I care deeply for everyone of those kids and I feel truly blessed and honored to be able to teach them week after week but when one of them and in this case 2 of them return "home" it really is a reason to celebrate. There is a passage in the Bible that says if a Sheppard has 100 sheep and he loses 1 sheep does he not leave the 99 to find his lost sheep, well I feel the same way with my group when 1 of them is missing or decides that they're not coming back I want to do everything to in my power to keep them.

I feel truly blessed being part of this group and I hope and pray that they will continue to grow their faith and their journey.

Until next time

Marty

  

1 comment:

Georges said...

those moments help us hang on during those times when there doesn't seem to be any spectial moments.