Monday, September 14, 2009

First Business Trip Alone

Hey everyone, I'm in Montreal this week on a business trip. This is the first time I have been alone on business. Either I go with friends, coworkers, other pastors or even my wife. But not this time it's just me, my laptop, the TV and a Power Point presentation that I have to do tomorrow. I have been waiting for this for a very long time just to be on the road visiting different places. But now that I'm here I don't feel so important anymore. I feel very nervous, very insecure but most of all very lonely. I miss my kids, I miss my wife and I miss everyone at church.

The reason I miss everyone at church so much is because as of today Rob is officially on his sabbatical. Roxanne and I sat down and talked about this yesterday when I got back from my last official meeting with Rob yesterday. I felt the weight of responsibility fall on my shoulders, I felt like the shepherd watching over his flock I need to be alert on constantly vigilant because someone will try to take them or harm them. Now I know that I'm over-reacting but I just feel so responsible for everyone that comes to Bikers' Church. I think about all of them ALL the time I care for each and everyone that comes out and I'm always doing things for BC even when I'm at home relaxing. I am committed to serving God and this is His calling for me to love, take care, shepherd and protect His flock and that's what I'm going to do.

So as you sit and read this please pray for me, for the leadership team, for Bikers' Church over the next couple days, weeks and months.

Thank you

4Icon

2 comments:

Pastor Joyce said...

Have FULL confidence in you and the incredible leadership Biker's Church team....and as a team....Lifecentre is committed to pray for Pastor Rob and all of you!!!!

Wisdom Hunter said...

Hey Marty, thanks for sharing your thoughts - I'm sure you'll do a great job! Your sense of responsibility is good - but at the same time remember the government is on HIS shoulders. God bless !