Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I just wanted to wish everybody a happy Thanksgiving. I'll be honest with you this holiday never really meant that much to me in the past. It was just a long weekend right before my birthday and I used that as an excuse to go out partying and drinking. However now Thanksgiving has a deep significance for me. It really is a time to reflect and be thankful for everything we have, both as individuals and as Canadians.
This year and every year I'm very grateful for the people at Bikers Church. They have and continue to encourage me, support me and sometimes challenge me to be a better person. I am accountable to each and every one of them and I am very proud to be part of such an awesome family. I am thankful for my parents who have been married for over 40 years and have been a terrific example of how to do the "couple thing". But most of all I am thankful to God for my family. My wife and kids mean are my inspiration, my strength, my "raison d'etre". I am who I am today because of God and my family. He has given me the strength and the desire and they make sure that I follow the right path.

So to them and to all that read this blog I thank you and wish the happiest Thanksgiving ever and to my American friends I wish you a happy Columbus day.

Icon

No comments: