Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another year another birthday

Good morning everyone, today is October 15th and it's my birthday! Now before you start saying how conceided or self-absorbed I am or that I'm only looking for people to wish me a happy birthday, let me explain to you why I love to celebrate my birthday.

You see 5 years ago my wife gave me the best birthday present ever, 5 years ago I became the happiest and most blessed man on earth, 5 years ago my whole world was turned upside down (most days for the better, some days well not so much), 5 years my twin daughters were born. For those of you who can't do the Math my twin girls were born on my birthday! This event is usually a very special event in anybody's life, having a kid born on your birthday but what makes it even more special for me was the fact that we, my wife and I, were not supposed to be able to have kids. After trying for 7 years we were told that we had a 1 in 50 million chance to have a kid if everything fell into place perfectly. So to have my twin daughters born happy and healthy on my birthday was the best gift EVER!!!!

So even though today is my birthday, the focus on the day has been and will always be on my daughters. They grow up so fast, it seems like only yesterday I was at home feeding every 2 hours, changing over 20 diapers a day a preparing 14 bottles of formula every day. Now at 5 they are my little ladies my little princesses, we can talk to each other, we can reason with each other (well most days), we can play together and most of all we can just hang out together and have fun. I love them to death and I am very fortunate to be able to share their day with them.

Happy Birthday Jessica and Tracey-Anne I hope you have the best day ever today. 5 years ago today was the best day of my life and it has only gotten better since then!

Love Papa

2 comments:

Georges said...

Enjoy your special day with your precious girls.

Que Dieu vous fasse du bien!

JC said...

Belated happy birthday to the Marty family.