Monday, January 26, 2009

Restart 09

I spent the evening last night at the Life Centre to celebrate the end of a 21 day fast. Don't get excited I didn't stop eating for 21 days, well I guess I did sort of. I gave up snacking after dinner so from 6pm to 6am only water. For a guy who could become a professional snacker trust me it was hard. I learned some very valuable lessons over the last 21 days like:
1: I can't do it all by myself
2: When I trust God with EVERYTHING in my life, things run a lot smoother
3: People disapoint, God doesn't
and
4: A life of faith is a life of leaving.

Over the next weeks and months I will try really hard to teach these life lessons to the youth at The Journey. I will also keep you posted on how things are going as we "RESTART" the program. The 21 day fast was very eye opening and it was also a time to get excited about things that will be happening in the very near future. It was like a kick in the pants to GO, get started, leave the old behind and get restart with the new!

Talk at you later

Marty

No comments: