Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm Baaack!

Hi everybody glad to be back I hope you didn't miss me too much. I'm glad to be back in the saddle as they say. As promised as soon as it was possible I wanted to give you information about me and what's going on in my life and now the time has come.

As you can see by the new blog title some changes have occurred in the last couple of weeks that I wasn't able to share with anyone until now. I just wanted to make sure that all parties involved were told and understood what was going on before I made the official announcement. Well here it is as of 7:30 last night it has been officially announced to the youth and to the members at Bikers Church that I am now the new Youth Pastor for Bikers Church. This is very exciting for me because I have felt called to do this for a while. Clive the previous Youth Pastor has been there for 6 years and has done an awesome job taking care of the youth group and I wish to thank him for EVERYTHING he has done. He was there when most people would have bailed and will still be around on occasion to help me when I need it. He has really helped me fit into this role and for that I will always be grateful. So Clive brother as you move on to new challenges and new beginnings I wish you all the best. I pray for success and prosperity in everything you do, any organization will be lucky to have you. We will miss you and I want you to know that you are always welcome to come and visit. Thanks again brother!

As for me this is a whole new chapter that is starting in my life. I really look forward to restarting, revamping and refocusing the new youth group at Bikers Church. The first thing that we needed was a new name. After much discussion, voting and praying the youth decided on a new name so from now on we will not be called Bikers Church Youth anymore, from now on we are:
The Journey! What an awesome name and I love the fact that they chose it. We are also working on a new website and it will be called: www.thejourneyyouthgroup.com. We will also be creating a blog and will be working on a forum where the youth of the city can come and participate to different Q&A sessions, surveys and discussion groups . I would like to have guest "speakers" and have all kinds of questions and topics. Anything from religion and spirituality all the way to cars, today's events, fashion, WHATEVER. So keep your eyes on this blog for more details as they come up.

Tomorrow I will talk about where do I/we go from here. Where will The Journey take me and where am I going with The Journey.

Talk at you later

Marty

No comments: